Sunday 22 March 2009

Exciting opportunities...

I visited Copenhagen briefly this week – what a great city! I’ve been there several times but this time the sun was shining, which makes all the difference. And I had an exciting reason for being there!

Over the last few months I have been having discussions with Josef Kristensen and fellow leaders of Copenhagen Community Church (CCC) about our involvement with them. Some of you will remember Josef from the days when he used to come to Norwich regularly for Leadership Training – he was that very friendly, warm-hearted Dane who was always smiling. The truth is that Josef can charm his way out of any sticky situation – and I’ve been in some very sticky situations with Josef, believe me… the one with the motorbike…painful! – whatever, he really is a great guy, and his heart for people can be seen in the church that he has drawn together in Copenhagen.

The thing is, Josef has a passion to go gather people somewhere else – in Antioch, Turkey! So who can fill the gap and help the church in Copenhagen expand and blossom in his absence…?
“Oh Goff, it would be really great if you could come and help us, the people here would just love you..!!”
“Yes Josef.. I’ll pray about it!”
So I did, and then Keith Hazell, that lovable prophet visited. Dangerous!
“Goff, put on your running shoes (Keith doesn’t know that I run most days) because you’re going to be running in and out of 4 or 5 nations..!”
“OK Lord, your plans are good, and working with friends is always the best way.”

So that’s how we’ve become involved. The plan is that I will visit regularly, some short visits of just a day or 2, on other occasions, longer, and wherever possible, taking with me some of the excellent, gifted people from King’s. And working together with the excellent guys at CCC, we’ll believe to see that Church shine brightly and be Good News in that great city! Anyone out there up for it? Then give me a call!

Have a great week

Goff