Monday 13 April 2009

Worship matters...

My fellow elder Toby has a phrase he picked up somewhere along the lines that at any time he is potentially just 10 minutes away from discouragement! Now let me assure you that Toby is a well adjusted, positive, faith-filled guy! But what he means by this is that there are so many avenues of thought surrounding us, that we just have to go down any one of them without due care and hey presto, we’ve discouraged ourselves. Just take a look at the main stories in the news any day of the week. And that’s why worship is so very important.
I’ve just got back after my morning jog during which my faithful ipod floods my mind with great worship, with the help of Brenton Brown, Stuart Townend, Chris Tomlin, Mark Tedder and others. This has been my habit for many years because I have discovered that as well as keeping me reasonably fit physically, it keeps my life in the enjoyment of God, and, to quote James Fraser, There is a beckoning joy in God’s gateways.

This coming Sunday we have the privilege of having Mark Tedder to lead worship at Kings, City Centre site. Angie & I had the pleasure of getting to know Mark & his wife Carrie whilst in Beijing, and so when I heard that they were in the UK to lead worship at Spring Harvest, I was keen to get them to Norwich for the weekend. Mark will bringing copies of his latest CD / DVD The Door which was recorded live in Beijing last year . So bring some extra cash with you on Sunday and get a copy!

Before we get to Sunday, I have a couple of days in Copenhagen with that excellent church that we are getting alongside to work with there. As soon as their website is back up & running, I’ll point you at it for more information to fuel your prayers!

Have a blessed week!!

Goff

Labels: ,