Sunday 10 May 2009

Life in Scotland...

Last weekend Angie and I were away in Scotland, where I was speaking at the Dundee City Church weekend away – and we had a great time. Scotland was awesome and the church was a delight. Angie & I haven’t been to Scotland for 30 years, and never further north than Edinburgh, so it was a new experience for us, and we loved it – mountains, lochs and a lot of weather!
We were also introduced to the ‘Ceilidh’, that hugely entertaining from of Scottish dancing where you basically get swung around until totally exhausted, clad in a kilt. Now that was a first – me in a kilt! I’m hoping that the lighting in the barn prevented any recognisable photos!?!

I was speaking on the subject ‘The Spirit-filled Community’ from the book of Acts. This theme has been with me for some time now and has challenged me about the way we do church; the way we worship, the way we preach, the way we treat each other, the things that are important to us, the way we lead, and so on. As I travel I have the privilege of seeing Churches like City Church, vibrant, Spirit-filled, built on New Testament foundations, and hugely enjoyable to be a part of. It is churches like this and, I trust Kings, that our nation needs to see and feel the impact of. The Church really is God’s instrument in the world.

Thanks Craig, Anne and all at City Church; it was a privilege being with you. Just keep those kilt photos under lock & key!

Goff

Labels: