Sunday 31 May 2009

Very good news...

It's been a great weekend, at least for me. Well Chelsea won the FA cup, I got my first sail of the season, and Saturday evening it was the King's Ball - Brilliant! Mind you it wasn't easy to work out who everyone was, dressed up in ball dresses and DJ's.

To cap it all, preaching on forgiveness from Luke 7 deeply moved me as I came face to face once again with the outrage of the Gospel, TOTALLY ACCEPTED & FORGIVEN solely on the basis of what Jesus accomplished for me, and not one jot of help from my efforts. Amazing - and that's what the woman who annointed Jesus' feet in Luke 7 was :amazed and grateful. Psalm 32 says that the only really happy (blessed) people are those whose sins have been forgiven. Absolutely right, but let me just add that the happiest are those who keep a keen awareness of just how much they needed (and continue to need!) to be forgiven.

Stay Grateful,

Goff