Sunday 4 July 2010

Don't be robbed!

This week it’s off to Brighton for the ‘Together on a Mission’ conference at Brighton. Last year I had to cancel the day before the conference, on ‘black Monday’ when the consultant first told me that I had a problem. So this year it will be particularly sweet to go with a light and grateful heart! In fact, it would be true to say that every day is pretty special to me as I reflect on the kindness and faithfulness of God to me, I guess that my perspective has changed somewhat and I am more aware of the things that really matter – and the things that don’t! And I won’t be robbed!

I wrote a blog a few weeks ago, anticipating what it would feel like getting the ‘all clear’ from cancer, and making a comparison with how we react to having the ‘all clear’ from the terminal disease of our sin. Well let me tell you that the former is fantastic! That day, that conversation, that moment will stay with me all my days. Awesome! Thinking of what could have been… how different the next few years could have been, I am blessed & grateful.
And I have to say that going through this last year has made me even more aware and grateful to God for the gift of new life in Christ… and how different my eternal destiny has now become! The awesome truth that the disease of my sin – every last spot of it – has been dealt with, removed from me and placed on Christ, with the result I now live in newness of life, eternal life, and all because of what Jesus has done for me on the cross! I’m truly alive! That’s the best news a human being can ever hear – and it surely must make a radical, joy-effusing difference to every day, otherwise we are being robbed.

So, if you are a Christian, if you have put your faith in Christ as your Saviour, then for heaven’s sake, live in the good of it – every day! Otherwise you are belittling the most valuable gift on the planet.

Have a great week!

Goff
(you can now follow Goff on Twitter)