Sunday 16 May 2010

All clear...

All Clear…

I saw the consultant the other day. While we were talking, I had a vivid feeling of what I will feel like when I get the all clear from cancer… Wow! The Relief! A weight lifted & a lightness of heart at the prospect of the enjoyment of life ahead! I can hardly express how I felt at the thought.

Then in the moments that followed I sensed God whispering to me about the fact that He has already given me the all clear from a far more serious, debilitating and damning disease – sin. Again, I sensed in those moments a welling up of indescribable relief, joy and gratitude as it dawned on me afresh just what it means to have been saved and forgiven! Every last shadow in the hidden corners of my heart – dealt with! No hidden sin cell lurking, waiting to pounce with unstoppable insidiousness to rob me of my righteousness – or more precisely, of Jesus’ righteousness. No, I am thoroughly and totally and lastingly clean because the blood of Jesus is completely successful, totally effective in terminally dealing with my sin!
Being in Christ is like being totally covered by the rays (zaps!) of his cleansing and restorative righteousness. I am a new creation! Remember the song?

I am a new creation, No more in condemnation,
Here in the grace of God I stand
A joy that has no limit, A lightness in my spirit
Here in the grace of God I stand

(Dave Bilbrough)

And this has opened up to me not just the prospect of the enjoyment of life ahead but a whole eternity of delight in the presence of my God & Saviour!!

So this is where I now live, day by day, moment by moment – In Christ, in the radiance of His presence which is changing me from one degree of glory to another! Why on earth live anywhere else?

So how do you feel about having the all clear from all your sins?... It’s awesome! Followers of Jesus are very blessed people!

Goff
(You can now follow Goff on Twitter)