Friday 16 July 2010

Musings on the seashore..!

Sitting on a wall by the seashore 'early' in the morning' that is,
before 10, I found myself musing...

A year ago I sat in the same spot fighting off anxious thoughts &
calling out to God to heal me. Back then I was very aware that I had a
problem - a real problem - that I could not fix. No amount of positive
thinking or mind over matter could fix this. I needed help.

Have you noticed how Jesus used the healing of the paralysed man in
Luke 5 to demonstrate the point that he has the authority both to heal
us outwardly and inwardly? In fact it must have been a bit of a shock
for that sick guy to be told 'your sins are forgiven!' 'That's not my
problem!' he might have replied. But of course, Jesus wanted him - and
us - to know that the 'all clear' from the disease of sin is actually
of far greater significance and duration than the 'all clear' from
something as nasty as cancer.
To hear the 'all clear' from the latter is absolutely wonderful -
believe me - but I am coming to understand a little more, how awesome
it is to be declared righteous, to hear Jesus declaring me all clear
from the damning disease of sin.

Free indeed! Forever!
There really is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!
So enjoy it - I do!

Goff

--
Sent from my mobile device